HOME | MAIN BOARD | JIM'S BLOG | LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | FLAT MODE

not logged in

re: Is BAT the Musical going to happen? Really?

Posted by:
rockfenris2005 08:36 am MST 01/18/07
In reply to: re: Is BAT the Musical going to happen? Really? - Jsteinfan 07:14 am MST 01/18/07

> Uhm batman got way way farther.....
>

No it didn\'t.
Sure, the all-powerful media giant Warner Bros. were going to produce it, but did they?
Tim Burton met with Jim and David Ives, they had many creative discussions, then Burton went off and did other stuff and seemed to totally forget about it. When he was asked about it in a \"Big Fish\" interview he dismissed it as a made-up internet rumour even though there is living proof he met with David and Jim on several occasions.
Rob Evan may have been asked to play Batman.

But did they have a director? Besides the Burton thing, not really. Stephen Daldry turned it down, he went on to do \"Billy Elliot: The Musical\". Robin Philips turned it down, he did \"Jekyll & Hyde\".

\"Bat Out Of Hell\" has a director, Wilson Milam.

Did they have a choreographer? Not that we know of. \"Bat Out Of Hell\" has Mark Dendy

How about sets? Not that we know of. \"Bat Out Of Hell\" has Marc Fisher and then the animation designs of the legendary Gerald Scarfe

What about costumes? Again, not that we know of. Eiko Ishioka is doing \"Bat Out Of Hell\"

These people have been announced, the agencies said YES THEY WERE INVOLVED. It is not some crazy story that Jim\'s telling. Terry Jones didn\'t do it because he had a cancer scare, he\'s still recuperating and I hope everything works out the best for him.

This is, to me, a lot further than \"Batman\" ever got. The producers are obviously powerful committed people, otherwise it wouldn\'t even have gotten this far.

I don\'t understand, is it stubbornness?, why these updates are not mentioned on any site. I mentioned them as soon as Jim made them, jimsteinman.com instead chose to chronicle Meat Loaf\'s turd, Neverland Hotel hasn\'t said a thing, I haven\'t watched any of the others but I\'ve been there and I haven\'t seen a thing, Wiki mentions it, but Wiki\'s Wiki. It\'s supposed to mention everything

reply |

Previous: re: Is BAT the Musical going to happen? Really? - Jsteinfan 07:14 am MST 01/18/07
Next: re: Is BAT the Musical going to happen? Really? - Scaramouche 08:48 am MST 01/18/07

Thread:

HOME | MAIN BOARD | JIM'S BLOG | LOG OFF | START A NEW THREAD | EDIT PROFILE | SEARCH | FLAT MODE