|Very minor opening night glitches|
||Ali 09:09 am MST 02/18/17|
|This was an amazing show and for all that these are technically previews it looks pretty much finished to me. However, they were handing out feedback forms at the theatre so they're obviously aiming to tweak things to make it even better.|
Here's what I noticed...
1) The wet stage - how they got insurance for several things I have no idea, I would love to have seen the risk assessment form! The cord round Strat's neck and the dolls head being fired into the wings are scary enough but the slippery stage needs does actually need addressing before they accidentally kill Andrew. I really hope he didn't hurt his back last night - that was a nasty fall.
2) Stage combat. They need to work on this. Someone got punched repeatedly at the start of Act 2 but no knaps happened so it was entirely silent. You need some sort of sound effects to make it look real - particularly if the victim is lying down so their reaction options are limited.
3) Microphones - a few technical hitches. Really felt for the actress who found that hers was switched off for her solo line. Assuming they will have fixed that by tonight.
4) Not 100% sure about the dancers at the back of Paradise by the dashboard light. There's a lot going on already there with Falco and Sloane and the baseball stuff. Dancers as well is a bit much, although I would feel sorry for them if their bit got cut.
5) I want all of "Out of the Frying Pan Into the Fire"! It's one of my absolute favourite Steinman songs! How could they cut it short like that! That's like getting up and wandering off halfway through sex!
Other than that... perfect.
|Previous:||re: Cast Comments - daveake 11:33 am MST 02/18/17|
|Next:||re: Very minor opening night glitches - Lordy 04:33 am MST 02/19/17|