re: Is Jim A Comic Book Geek?

Posted by:
rockfenris2005 12:09 am MST 12/24/06
In reply to: re: Is Jim A Comic Book Geek? - GTKarber 12:02 am MST 12/24/06

> Yeah, and that's the movie's explanation, so it sounds
> like the mark of someone who's greatest influence is from
> the films.
>

Not "influence", it was the way Warner Bros. told him to do it. To that date, "Batman" and "Batman Returns" had been the most successful Batman movies on screen. "Batman Forever" never actually says if Joker killed the Waynes, or not, it's just expected that the audience either draw their own conclusion or keep with the storyline introduced in the Burton movie.

I've never seen "Batman Begins", but I'd imagine they would have restored the Joe Chill storyline, Joe Chill being the culprit behind the Waynes' murder in Crime Alley. You've got to remember that "Batman Begins" wasn't out at that point, WB were still trying to exploit that earlier franchise for the Broadway musical.. so the criteria was probably to keep to the Burton "version" in terms of concept, design etc. I don't know...

It's just that Jim's version seems like a weird amalgam of "Batman" and "Batman Returns" with this truly controversial idea thrown in that Selina Kyle witnessed the murders. In the comics, she became Catwoman because of a plane crash that erased all of her memories

reply |

Previous: re: Is Jim A Comic Book Geek? - Smeghead 11:03 am MST 12/24/06
Next: re: Is Jim A Comic Book Geek? - RSG 04:55 pm MST 01/03/07

Thread:

HOME | MAIN BOARD | JIM'S BLOG | LOG OFF | START A NEW THREAD | EDIT PROFILE | SEARCH | FLAT MODE