HOME | MAIN BOARD | JIM'S BLOG | LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | FLAT MODE

not logged in

re: Jim is problably writing for Meat...

Posted by:
rockfenris2005 01:19 am MST 12/28/06
In reply to: re: Jim is problably writing for Meat... - Pudding 12:36 am MST 12/28/06

>
> Doesn't Meat Loaf hold the trademark to Bat Out Of Hell
> for UK? If so, then to some degree he'll be involved.
>
> Unless, Jim traded the trademark rights to Bat3 for the
> rights to BooH: the musical.
>
> Pud

What's really gunna tick me off is... "Meat Loaf stages Bat Out Of Hell: The Musical, Meat Loaf's BOOH: The Musical an enormous hit, featuring some songs by Jim Steinman, most songs by Meat Loaf (only the white keys, only the white!! Perhaps a few beige... lol)" and etc. etc.

Meat had nothing to do with "The Dream Engine", Meat had nothing to do with the workshop of "Neverland" and all the other stage-plans and film-plans etc. aside from rumours that he was going to play Tink or Captain Hook.

I think, with the talent Jim's working with on the creative team, they should cast a heap of unknowns for the acting roles (as if BOOH: The Musical isn't a big enough entity, not to mention the whole spectacular thing) like "Starlight Express" which never had a name in it ONE DAY in all the eighteen years it ran. It's still running in Germany.

This is Jim's beast, this is his big 40-year project reaching fruition, I don't think Meat should barrel in and steal all the attention. Fair enough if he wants to try and go out with a bang for his last album (which he failed miserably at doing, I wonder if he'll try and go out with a bang this time. If that's the case, do BAT IV with Jim at the helm) but this is Jim's concept, this is Jim's show

reply |

Previous: re: Jim is problably writing for Meat... - Pudding 12:36 am MST 12/28/06
Next: re: Jim is problably writing for Meat... - tragichippy 03:28 am MST 12/28/06

Thread:

HOME | MAIN BOARD | JIM'S BLOG | LOG OFF | START A NEW THREAD | EDIT PROFILE | SEARCH | FLAT MODE