HOME | MAIN BOARD | JIM'S BLOG | LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | FLAT MODE

not logged in

re: Jim is problably writing for Meat...

Posted by:
rockfenris2005 03:39 am MST 12/28/06
In reply to: re: Jim is problably writing for Meat... - tragichippy 03:28 am MST 12/28/06

>
> the main problem with this scenario is that egos may begin
> to rear ugly heads...
>
> ...oh and of course it should be named "Jim Steinman
> Presents: Bat Out Of Hell: The Musical" or summat similar
> (finally, credit where due*)...
>

Sorry I didn't reply to your full response, I will do that soon, but.. had to mention this...

Jim says in the Classic Rock interview, and he has been saying this for years (another more detailed example is the 6-hour 2003 interview on this site) that it was meant to be Meat & Jim, or Jim Steinman Presents... BAT OUT OF HELL starring Meat Loaf. Finally, justice is served

Don't you agree?

Still, a performer is a performer. We agree there, I think. I mean, remaking "Wizard Of Oz" without Judy? I know there will be a lot of controversy over this, but it's not exactly like Jim hasn't been telling everyone for 30 years that it was always intended for a Neverland musical. It's on the back of every BAT cd these days, in the liner notes, published on the back.

The history books say it, all the rock 'n' roll books I've ever read, "BOOH, a concept album for Neverland." If they're worried about Meat, well, treat it like a revival... "Evita" without Elaine Paige or Patti Lupone, but Elena Rogers, "The Phantom of the Opera" without Michael Crawford (he DEFINED the Phantom, IMO, but many other great actors have played it), "Sunset Boulevard" without Glenn Close, etc. etc.

I think a lot of people are aware, or should be, that BAT is a theatrical concept. I think Meat could be involved in the capacity that you're speaking of, but not as an actor or something, not as anything that's going to put his name above everyone else's. That, immediately, cancels out the name of the man who envisioned the project, the director who ties it altogether, Mark, Eiko, Gerald, Marc & Mark etc. all this great talent.

I'm trailing off now, sorry...

More thoughts soon

reply |

Previous: re: Jim is problably writing for Meat... - rockfenris2005 01:37 pm MST 12/28/06
Next: re: Jim is problably writing for Meat... - tragichippy 03:57 am MST 12/28/06

Thread:

HOME | MAIN BOARD | JIM'S BLOG | LOG OFF | START A NEW THREAD | EDIT PROFILE | SEARCH | FLAT MODE