Jim Steinman's Bat Out Of Hell The Musical Original Cast Recording : Worldwide Digital Release
MASSIVE NEWS! Bat Out Of Hell The Musical Original Cast Recording is now available to download / stream on iTunes, apple music, Amazon, Spotify, Google Play, and direct from Ghostlight Records.
Go here for links to them all!
(You can still buy a physical copy of the CD in person from the Dominion Theatre, or online from Amazon UK.)
Digital Release – July 6th
CD Release coming soon
The award winning musical based on the classic albums releases its soundtrack
Jim Steinman’s 40 year rock n roll dream comes true
Jim Steinman - "BAT OUT OF HELL what's that? Oh yeah. I remember
now, it's been a long time getting this show up and running. I couldn't
be happier. And now to have the Cast Album available! I guess Rock N
Roll Dreams do come Through!!!!"
Bat out of Hell - The Musical proudly releases its original cast recording,
continuing the extraordinary rock n roll legacy of the some of the most
successful records in music.
Written by Jim Steinman, Bat Out Of Hell became one of the best-selling
albums in history, selling over 50 million copies worldwide after its 1977
release, the fourth biggest selling studio album of all time. 16 years later,
Steinman scored again with Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell, which contained
the massive hit I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That).
The story of the original album is as epic as its music, involving a long search
for a record label that would release such an ambitious album, finding a
combustible young singer called Meat Loaf capable of singing the high octane
songs and ultimately scoring a huge hit against the odds. But the album was
also originally written as a musical by Steinman, making this cast recording
the realisation of his 40 year dream.
One of the songs was written while Steinman was an undergraduate at
Amherst College in the late 1960s. In the 1970s, Steinman wrote a theatrical
musical that was presented in workshop in Washington D.C. in 1974 and
featured many of the songs that would ultimately appear on the Bat Out Of
Unique to such a challenging album, new and incredibly talented performers
were required to recreate and reimagine Steinman’s opus.
The results are stunning, with incredible performances by a young cast,
headed by Andrew Polec as Strat, Christina Bennington as Raven and
vocal powerhouse Danielle Steers as Zahara. Favourites including Two Out
of Three Ain’t Bad, Paradise By Dashboard Light, You Took The Word Right
Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) and Dead Ringer For Love are brought
to life alongside Bat Out Of Hell and I Would Do Anything For Love (But I
Won’t Do That).
There are also two previously unreleased songs that appear in the musical -
What Part of My Body Hurts the Most and Not Allowed to Love.
The winner of the Evening Standard Radio 2 Audience Award for Best
Musical 2017, Bat out of Hell – The Musical wowed critics and public alike
when it played limited seasons at Manchester Opera House, London
Coliseum and Toronto’s Ed Mirvish Theatre in 2017, and has been seen by
nearly 500,000 people to date. It began previews at London’s Dominion
Theatre on Monday 2 April and is currently booking to 27 October 2018.
Jim Steinman’s Bat out of Hell – The Musical is a romantic adventure
about rebellious youth and passionate love, set against the backdrop of a
post-cataclysmic city adrift from the mainland. Strat, the forever young leader
of The Lost, has fallen for Raven, daughter of Falco, the tyrannical, ruler of
Bat Out Of Hell - The Musical has book, music and lyrics by Jim Steinman,
direction by Jay Scheib, choreography by Emma Portner, with musical
supervision and additional arrangements by Michael Reed, set design by Jon
Bausor, costume design by Jon Bausor and Meentje Nielsen, video design by
Finn Ross, lighting design by Patrick Woodroffe, sound design by Gareth
Owen, orchestration by Steve Sidwell, casting by David Grindrod CDG, fight
direction by Stuart Boother and musical direction by Robert Emery.
The German language premier of the exceptional rock spectacle, will be held
at the Stage Metronom Theatre, Oberhasuen, Germany in November 2018.
Jim Steinman’s Bat Out Of Hell – The Musical is produced by David
Sonenberg, Michael Cohl, Randy Lennox & Tony Smith.
- 1. Love and Death and an American Guitar – ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 2. All Revved Up with No Place to Go / Wasted Youth – Andrew Polec, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 3. Who Needs the Young – Rob Fowler, Sharon Sexton
- 4. It Just Won't Quit – Christina Bennington, Andrew Polec, Aran MacRae, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 5. Out of the Frying Pan And Into The Fire – Giovanni Spanó, Patrick Sullivan, Andrew Polec, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 6. Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere) – Danielle Steers, Sharon Sexton, Christina Bennington, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 7. Two Out of Three Ain't Bad – Danielle Steers, Dom Hartley-Harris, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 8. Paradise by the Dashboard Light – Rob Fowler, Sharon Sexton, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 9. Making Love Out of Nothing at All – Andrew Polec, Christina Bennington
- 10. Bat Out Of Hell – Andrew Polec, Christina Bennington, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 11. In The Land Of The Pig The Butcher Is King – Rob Fowler, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 12. Heaven Can Wait – Christina Bennington
- 13. Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are – Dom Hartley-Harris, Patrick Sullivan, Giovanni Spanó, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 14. For Crying Out Loud – Andrew Polec, Christina Bennington
- 15. You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) – Giovanni Spanó, Amy Di Bartolomeo, Emily Benjamin, Christina Bennington, Andrew Polec, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 16. Not Allowed To Love – Aran MacRae
- 17. What Part of My Body Hurts the Most – Rob Fowler, Sharon Sexton
- 18. Dead Ringer for Love – Dom Hartley-Harris, Danielle Steers, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 19. Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through – Dom Hartley-Harris, Giovanni Spanó, Patrick Sullivan, Andrew Polec, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast
- 20. It's All Coming Back to Me Now – Christina Bennington, Rob Fowler, Sharon Sexton, Andrew Polec
- 21. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) – Andrew Polec,
Christina Bennington, Dom Hartley-Harris, Rob Fowler, Sharon Sexton,
Patrick Sullivan, Giovanni Spanó, Amy Di Bartolomeo, Danielle Steers,
‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Original Cast